A winter walk in the north
|Today’s date||Thursday 10 March 2016|
|Current location||Kirk Yetholm|
Between Monday 22 February and Thursday 10 March 2016 I am walking the Pennine Way.
This website has all the details of my walk, and a blog with a record of my progress on a day-by-day basis
I’m walking it from Edale in the south, to Kirk Yetholm in the north.
There’s a good reference article on the Pennine Way here
An overview map of the route is shown on the right – for more detailed maps, go to the “Itinerary” page
This is what you can find on the website
I’m expecting this will take 18 days, and I’m writing a blog which you can view by clicking here, and which will be updated daily.
The pages in the menu give access to:
- My daily blog
- The itinerary I’ll be following
- Dowloadable GPX files of the Pennine Way (complete, and daily stages)
- “Why and how” background to the history and logistics of this walk
- Details on how to contact me, including a “message me” comments box
- A realtime tracker which is sending a GPS beacon signal every 2 minutes as I walk
- Background on a much longer Land’s End to John O’Groats walk I did in 2014
If you’re looking for my website about the 2014 Lands End to John O’Groats hike, then click here.